Monday, September 27, 2010

Refracted Light.


The Sun sets in the sky
I look up
and gasp.

The twilight moment fills the air,
birds flocking to its back drop
A mirror image from its right,
cirrus clouds captivating a moment
holding on to it.

A spherical gallery,
I distinguish which way is West
I cannot locate a border of this light horizon.

Islamic song breaks through
wishing the Sun a fond farewell.
The break of day will be welcomed with prayer
as the birds process the same song.

A trival tweet, a religious fete,
all dancing and praising the same drum.
A melodic day time wonder
waving hello to the night.

Hello fair moon where art thou?
I shall sing you the same song.



A poem inspired by my surroundings of day to night and back again, Kasapin, Brong Ahafo Region, Ghana.

No comments: